Hey y’all! It’s Friday! Here’s some good things:
1. I decided to start posting again on my commonplace blog, RipeAgain. (For those of you playing along at home, yes, that is the same title as my 2008 chapbook through Finishing Line Press.) I decided this a few days ago, but didn’t start posting again until today, so things are still in process over there. Look for some changes to the appearance and stuff in the coming weeks.
2. I already said this on Facebook, but I’ll say it again: Lucas Silveira has the best YouTube channel out there, hands down. If you don’t agree with me, well, too bad for you. Highlights include covers of Roy Orbison’s “Crying,” Madonna’s “Borderline,” and Lady Gaga’s “Bad Romance.”
3. Oh my goodness! AWP is next week! And I’m going! I’m excited to see so many people: the 273 kinds of awesome that is Donna, the lovely and hilarious Laura from Weave, the charming and handsome Brit known as Daniel, and some more people who I know will be there but I am too excited to remember right now. Psst: I’m also a little nervous. But I’m working through it. And since my Wednesday evening plans fell through, I’ll be hanging in my hotel room alone, working through the nervousness. Unless you! You right there! You’re going to AWP, yeah? Well, if you’re currently looking at being lonely on Wednesday night and you want to be lonely together, let me know!
4. This is the look I’m going for at AWP, by the way:
If you are trying to find me, look for the totally-wigged-out kitten in the many layers of scarfing.
5. I just described myself as a kitten. Heh.
6. OH. MY. UGLY RENAISSANCE CHRIST. Have you seen this?
7. Furthermore, AND THIS?!?!
8. Here are all the songs that have been stuck in my head today: “Tongue Tied” by Grouplove, “Party Rock Anthem” by whoever sings that horrible song, “Blue Bayou” by Roy Orbison, and “MMMBop” by Hanson.
9. The day is half over and now I am going to wrap up this post.