Each year, I make resolutions. Last year, I think I resolved to write every weekend, and to send 2 submissions each month to poetry journals. Mostly, I fail to keep these resolutions (although I have been writing much more consistently lately). My lack of resolve, however, doesn’t stop me from continuing to make the resolutions. So here we go:
- Jacob, Jacob, Jacob, Jacob.
- Continue to write nearly every weekend.
- Submit manuscript to at least 5 contests. – COMPLETE! (Feb 2011)
- Send two submissions per month.
- Complete NaPoMo. – COMPLETE! (April 2011)
- Spend more time geocaching.
- Participate in Donna’s Poetry Tow Truck exercises.
Participate in the Small Stones project.
- Actually get back to Nic Sebastian on that Voice Alpha guest-blog invite.
And maybe write a guest-blog.– COMPLETE! (Feb 2011)
- School, school, school. – COMPLETE!* (April/May 2011)
- Think about finding a new job, or learn to balance work/life more appropriately in this one.
- Act less on impulse and more out of kindness.
- Weed out the negativity.
- Make time to blog twice a week (it stimulates the muses, you know).
- Take more pictures.
- Stick with kickboxing.
- Lose some weight.
Whew. I don’t think I’ve ever made so many resolutions for one year. Some of them are bound to stick, eh?
I have a vague idea that I might lay out a road map to achieving these goals. We’ll see about that.
*Marked as complete though it will continue throughout 2011