I haven’t done one in awhile, and I read so many interesting and good things in my early morning interwebs perusal, so let’s get on with the goodness!
1. Today is International Talk Like a Pirate Day!
2. This is a really funny post over at Feministe. And yes. I agree. With all of those things.
3. Tonight is my last reading as part of the Quick and Dirty Poets. On Sunday night, I told the group that I would be leaving after the reading. Why is this good, you ask? Because I’m exhausted: my life has been insane for the past five years, with lots of changes in lots of areas. I need some downtime and to minimize my obligations. So while I am sort of sad (and sort of experiencing a panic attack over the thought of not being “in charge” of QND anymore), I am also really looking forward to the lack of pressure in that area.
5. Bitch Magazine is an insanely wonderful independent publication, which I just found out was in danger of not publishing again. However, Bitch readers have managed to pull it together and donate the required amount of money to enable the publishers to put out another issue. Thank goodness, because Bitch is one of the smartest, funniest, and thinkiest magazines I’ve ever read. If you have a spare five bucks (or more), head over to Bitch and donate it.
6. I’m still listening to Be Brave Bold Robot. If you haven’t checked them out yet, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
7. BentCorner, who in my opinion is always amusing, has a pretty good blog entry about The Absurdity of Sarah Palin. Ok, the entry only covers one of the most recent things we’ve learned about her, but I was pretty astounded. She’s incredibly shady.
8. Next week, Ashley will be leaving the country to go teach in France for awhile. More blogging on that later, but in the meantime – she’s having a going away party this weekend, and I am mad excited to go.
9. Roller derby this weekend!
10. This is the funniest thing I’ve seen in a while.